We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Trust and Safety Support Operations Team
The Trust and Safety Support Operations team is a highly-skilled department that is dedicated to supporting our users experiencing Trust and Safety concerns. The team stands at the forefront of investigating project and safety-related reports from our customers and pros, mediating disputes, and taking appropriate action on issues that are integral to Thumbtacks' mission and longevity by ensuring our customers and pros are supported and our marketplace standards are upheld.
About the Role
You and your team are an integral part of protecting the Thumbtack brand. As the department Director, you have an outsized impact on guiding the department strategy, developing strong leaders and teams, and perpetuating a strong focus on caring for and supporting our customers and pros as we continue to grow and scale Trust and Safety at Thumbtack.
- Grow, develop, and manage a high-performing Trust and Safety support leadership team that is leading the future of work with a remote-first culture.
- Create and drive departmental strategy and hold leaders accountable for tactical operations. Influence broader Trust and Safety strategy at Thumbtack.
- Support and further develop department leaders through coaching, mentoring, and empowerment through delegation.
- Perpetuate a strong focus on caring for and supporting our customers and pros including the administration of the Thumbtack Guarantee.
- Drive departmental efficiency and scale as we continue to grow and appropriately scale with the platform.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Internal Tools teams, Data Analytics, Product, and other Operations teams to proactively analyze and streamline team processes, improve efficiency, and identify opportunities for automation.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years relevant experience demonstrating leadership in Trust and Safety, risk mitigation, or customer experience roles.
- 8+ years of experience in people leadership with a track record of hiring and developing great talent across a broad spectrum of geographies; delivering superior results and developing a customer-focused culture.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing initiatives, processes, and structures in collaboration with cross-functional partners to identify and act on ways to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Proven experience leveraging data insights to improve opportunities to drive operational scale and operational excellence.
- Experience navigating Trust and Safety risk at a two-sided marketplace or startup.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.