We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Product Operations Team
The Product Operations team provides contextual feedback across Thumbtack to understand how we can better attract, engage, and retain professionals and customers on the Thumbtack platform. This fast-paced team uses a combination of proactive outreach and user-driven approaches to collect, track, prioritize, and size user feedback and bugs to meet our core objective of improving user sentiment.
About the Role
Product Operations Managers (POMs) at Thumbtack are collaborative partners that amplify the voice of the user across the organization. They focus on identifying data-backed bright spots and pain points within the product and then work cross-functionally to track, prioritize, size, and ultimately adapt based on their findings. A blend of analyst and consultant, POMs leverage both quantitative and qualitative data to inform and influence product, engineering, and marketing roadmaps.
- Amplify the user’s voice. Strong decision maker that acts as the knowledge hub for user sentiment/feedback/bugs, perpetually informed and ready to answer questions on in-flight work, launches, and known issues for all cross functional teams. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement when making decisions.
- Understand opportunities deeply. Able to collect, analyze, and report on quantitative and qualitative user feedback in a way that uncovers the root causes of difficult problems. Does not focus only on data itself, but also strategically thinks about how topics fit into various company, department, and team level goals.
- Influence the roadmap. Influences cross functional partners to prioritize and focus on projects that address user feedback and ultimately improve user sentiment.
- Collaborate. Understands how Thumbtack and its internal teams work and applies organizational savvy to become a trusted advisor across multiple disciplines. Able to reliably navigate conflict by balancing the interests of various stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs with what’s ultimately best for the company.
- Clearly Communicate. Takes complex problems and communicates them simply and clearly. Able to tailor communication based on the audience and situation. Keeps others informed as projects are scoped, sized, and executed.
- Citizenship. Trusted as an informal leader and model of authenticity in both mistakes and successes. Models and works with a high sense of emotional intelligence and actively advocates for the success of others. Takes full ownership for their personal development and focuses on continuous self improvement while also contributing to the growth of team members, when appropriate.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years’ experience working in product management, product marketing, product operations, program management, or consulting; you understand the fundamentals of delivering products that create value for users
- Proficiency in collecting, accessing, and manipulating both quantitative data (i.e. product data and survey data) and qualitative data (i.e. focus group, round table, 1:1 interviews); you have beginner/intermediate skills in managing data and use it to answer questions (i.e. SQL, Excel, Stata, R, Python, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills; you are an active listener who focuses on team work, but is also independently self-motivated, responsible, and dependable
- Strong influencing skills; you can build positive relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders and tell the user story in a compelling way
- Curiosity; you help uncover the “why,” especially on points of potentially high impact
- User empathy; you understand that the most beautiful products in the world fail if they don’t solve real problems for their users
- MBA or advanced degree
- 1+ year experience working at a company with a two-sided marketplace
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.