We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Enablement Team
As a part of the Enablement Team, you will have the opportunity to impact the growth and development of Thumbtack's frontline operations teams, ranging from sales, success, customer support and Trust & Safety. You will join a fast-paced team that works on a wide variety of initiatives that support Thumbtack’s mission of providing a great experience in our marketplace for both our pros and customers.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Enablement Specialist to work with our remote team. The Enablement Specialist will play a foundational role in helping us design, develop and deliver new learning materials and New Hire onboarding across our sales, success, customer support and Trust & Safety teams. This position will be focused on supporting our Support and Services team with an emphasis on New Hire onboarding.
- Design & create learning materials, including new hire onboarding curricula, ongoing skill refresher training, and career development programs including scoping, design, development, delivery and assessment using a variety of delivery modalities
- Collaborate closely with the Content, Enablement and Operations teams to design a variety of learning solutions to meet business needs
- Delivery of classroom training (virtual) as needed
- Track and report on completion of training and enablement milestones
- Work in a self-directed manner and report back on multiple projects, sometimes with rapidly evolving needs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in instructional design, training and/or enablement with emphasis on virtual learning and adult learning concepts using a mix of written, visual and interactive designs
- Proficient with design tools, such as Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Rise, and Captivate and how to implement them within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple training and design projects and consult with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Experience delivering virtual classroom training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
- Prior experience in a sales, success or customer service environment
- Prior experience in developing e-Learning modules
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.