We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Business Strategy and Operations Team
The Business Strategy and Operations at Thumbtack is responsible for driving alignment on commercial strategy at the intersection of Sales, Marketing, Product and Partnerships. Biz Ops is often tasked with helping lead complex cross-functional initiatives and we frequently take ownership of key work streams such as creating business plans, reporting and internal/external communications. We also identify and prioritize innovative new services and products, develop proofs of concept and then bring them to market. Because of our flexible project-based staffing model, we are able to pivot our focus quickly towards the company’s most critical needs.
About the Role
As a Sr. Biz Ops Manager, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of strategic, analytical, and operational support to Operations and Product teams at Thumbtack. You will help grow Thumbtack’s short and long term revenue growth by leading cross-functional projects, and by identifying new business opportunities for Thumbtack to pursue. Day to day you will be building business cases for new initiatives, conducting user and competitive research and performing data analysis to guide commercial strategy. You will ensure that data and reporting are available to evaluate whether our most innovative projects are pacing towards their goals. You will lead efforts to craft scalable solutions for automation of processes, dashboards and business insights.
You are an individual with superb communication and analytical skills who can successfully pivot between multiple projects and operational roles. You can use data to tell a compelling story and enable the decision-making process. You can effectively manage contributors from other functional areas to deliver complex solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Partnerships and Product to create alignment on the strategy and roadmap for our most innovative new products and services
- Build business cases including scaling plans and pay-back analyses to make the case for funding new efforts
- Develop key performance indicators for multiple Business Strategy and Operations initiatives, then produce automated reports to track results
- Identify and implement improvements to processes being led by Biz Ops or other Operations teams by gathering feedback and analyzing production data
- Conduct research and market sizing to support evaluation and prioritization of new business opportunities
- Coordinate with Operations Analytics and Business Applications to ensure our internal systems capture necessary data
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4-8 years of experience working in a relevant field such as consulting, investment banking, or internal strategy and/or business operations experience at a technology company
- Experience with analytical tools such as SQL or Excel
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional collaboration and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders across multiple levels of seniority
- Ability to independently prioritize among multiple projects and lead multiple workstreams
- Ability to identify opportunities from data and recommend decisions
- Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Passion for Thumbtack’s mission to help everyone do life’s work with joy and purpose
- Excellence with SQL and the Microsoft/Google suites (Sheets, Presentations, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-growth online marketplace company
- Experience working with Marketing, Sales, or Account Management teams
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.