Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Sales and Success Operations Team
Thumbtack’s Sales and Success Operations team is a tight-knit group charged with helping to drive revenue through the sales team and improving pro lifetime value through the success team, all at the best return on investment possible. We provide actionable insights to the sales and success teams and leadership, drive efficiencies in workflows and processes, and facilitate a smooth process for our pros to help them be successful on our platform. We collaborate across a variety of teams--from operations analytics to product to engineering to support.
About the Role
The Senior Success Operations Analyst acts as a business advisor to our success team members and success leadership. You are responsible for providing a wide range of strategic, analytical, and operational support for the success and account management organization. You will generate insights into all aspects of the success process and enable the success organization to increase efficiency and make better decisions, faster. Your job is to ensure that data and reporting are available to help our success teams better perform their roles from onboarding to account management. You lead efforts to craft scalable solutions for automation, dashboards and business insights.
You are an individual with superb communication and analytical skills who can successfully pivot between multiple projects and operational functions. You can use data to tell a compelling story and enable the decision-making process. You work with and mentor other analysts in building custom data sets and analytical reports.
- Identify and implement improvements to Success team processes with Success leadership by gathering feedback and analyzing data from multiple systems
- Transform complex data sets into easy to use metrics in a data visualization platform (Tableau)
- Develop key performance indicators with leadership for multiple Success teams
- Make practical recommendations that drive increased onboarding, retention, and growth metrics
- Produce and automate reports to track key performance indicators
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners in operations analytics and business applications ensure internal systems capture necessary data and Success team workflows match business requirements
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years relevant business experience
- Experience with Tableau or other BI Tools and Google Sheets/Excel
- Must be proficient in data extract (SQL or equivalent), mapping, interpretation and analysis
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple levels of leadership
- Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- 5-7 years of business experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Customer Success teams (onboarding, and or account management)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.