A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Design Team
We're a tight-knit team of product designers, researchers, and product writers working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.
About the Role
As a Product Designer, you’ll work collaboratively and iteratively to turn complex problems into intuitive user experiences. You’ll own projects from conception to launch and measure success through data and user research. You’ll play a key role in roadmapping, feature design, and the quality of our products, and your work will impact both user and business goals.
- Design intuitive, human-centric flows and experiences on web, iOS, and Android
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers
- Use research and qualitative data to guide design and development decisions
- Analyze the success of your solutions and iterate
- Contribute to the visual design of our patterns and design system
- Present work and use design to build alignment and influence product direction
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product and executive teams
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of experience
- Portfolio with a history of impactful projects that showcase your design process
- Demonstrate strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills along with a human-centric approach to designing products.
- A bias for action and tenacious focus on how your work impacts users and the business
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Fluency in commonly used design software and related tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, etc.)
- Experience with helping set product strategy through methods like design sprints, quarterly or yearly planning, and team brainstorms
- Experience setting a vision for a product experience
- Experience designing for a two-sided marketplace
- Prototyping skills (using Invision, HTML, CSS, Framer, Principle, etc.)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.