Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Customer Success Team
The Customer Success Team is a fast-evolving team designed to drive results for our Thumbtack Professionals. We are product experts responsible for ensuring Thumbtack Pros are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers through providing insights, coaching, and holding them accountable to goals.
Currently, the Customer Success Team manages the outcomes of Thumbtack’s most successful and engaged professionals and oversees the onboarding experience of the new high potential professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, text and chat efforts. Additionally, the Success team works closely with the product, category management, and marketing team to design and execute targeted campaigns to new and established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role
The Customer Success Manager is an integral part of the success leadership team. They will lead a team of success consultants, focused on activation and adoption of the Thumbtack platform with our newest professionals. This team member will be responsible for career development of their team members as well as will actively participate in strategic planning of the Success organization.
- Lead and motivate team members to reach and exceed monthly and quarterly goals while creating opportunities for your team to collaborate and share best practices
- Foster a culture of #alwaysbeimproving through regular 1:1’s to ensure each team member feels supported, coached, engaged, and understand expectations so they can thrive and grow in their role at Thumbtack
- Participate in problem-solving with your team and provide feedback and recommendations based on front-line experience with internal Thumbtack Teams
- Collaborate with other internal departments at Thumbtack to identify areas of process/product/systems improvements in order for your team to work efficiently
- Ensure that your team is aware of product updates and that they utilize the proper product feedback channels
- Manage the hiring and onboarding of new team members
- Play an active and essential role in initiatives and strategic planning activities with substantial potential impact for the Pro Success team and Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Between 3 - 5 years of experience managing large teams in a customer success, account management, sales, or customer support function
- Experience using Salesforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment building scalable and sustainable processes
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights
- Strong ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Embrace frequent change and appreciate constant iteration of approaches, strategies, and tactics.
- Good business judgment and the ability to step back from the weeds and look at the big picture and align and realign until you have arranged activities in the most productive configuration possible and figured out the best way to get things done
- takes ownership of there work, loves learning, and developing new skill-sets and expertise
- Self-motivated, and you love to jump right in and don’t need someone to tell you exactly what to do
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.