Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We craft an employee experience that starts with hiring incredible people, investing in their career development along their journey at Thumbtack, and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellness.
About the Role
As the HRIS leader, you’ll be the go-to person for all things relating to Thumbtack’s People tech stack, including system management, process ownership, improvement, and technical issues. The HRIS Senior Lead will partner cross functionally with Finance, Legal, Recruiting, and IT functions to support and enhance core HR System capabilities. You’ll also partner directly with the People Operations Director to analyze work process design and flow to leverage the return on our Workday System.
- Lead the end-to-end administration and strategy of our People systems
- Identify opportunities for automation whenever possible and reduction of manual processes; implement such automation with key partners across People, IT, Finance and Legal
- Perform HRIS administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, user management, integrations, feature testing and upgrades
- Lead and advise business partners in methodically assessing technology needs for new solutions
- Act as primary IT administrator for People applications and collaborate with other teams to build and manage integrations with other platforms / tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical issues and provide user support including after-hours for critical systems and process changes
- Identify trends and gaps within our systems landscape and lead ongoing efforts for process improvement, system enhancements and/or new applications that make progress toward the long-term vision of People Systems
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of Workday HCM experience including configuration and general support of Workday Human Capital (security, business processes, reporting), Advanced Comp, Absence and Time Tracking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a highly collaborative setting; ability to project manage across multiple functions and organizations
- Experience with implementing enhancements and providing creative solutions in both structured and unstructured environments
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis and demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- A great teammate and partner who has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, works well cross-functionally, and thrives in a fast-paced, virtual first environment
- A high degree of personal integrity and maturity including the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.