Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Customer Success Team
The Customer Success Managers on our Marketplace team sit within the Success department within the Sales and Success organization at Thumbtack. The Success team is a fast-evolving team designed to drive success for our professionals. Currently, the Success team manages the success of Thumbtack’s most successful and engaged professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, and chat efforts.
About the Role
Having the right professionals on Thumbtack is critical to customers getting their projects done - and the Success team members have the important job of partnering with our pros to make sure they are set up to be successful on the platform. In the Customer Success Manager, Marketplace role specifically, you’ll work one-on-one with local service professionals across the country, driving adoption and awareness of key features or tools and helping these professionals get started on the right foot.
- Manage and proactively engage with a portfolio of the highest potential Thumbtack professionals
- Understand your professional’s strategic goals and challenges and support them to extract the full value of their Thumbtack experience by providing appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Introduce pros to new product features and drive adoption of those features
- Propose expansion opportunities to meet the professional’s growth targets
- Share best practices with professionals and colleagues
- Have strong knowledge of the Thumbtack platform, always staying up-to-date on the latest product updates understanding how this impacts pros in your portfolio
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor degree or 2+ years of experience in customer success, account management, sales, consulting role, or similar customer-facing roles
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights
- Ability to build trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Ability to work full-time M-F (40 hrs)
- Strong experience managing a book of business
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Understanding and experience working with Salesforce
- Bilingual and professional English/Spanish proficiency
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within an organization to drive results and customer retention
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.