Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of Recruiters, Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Operations Specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
Thumbtack is looking for an experienced Sourcer to help us further build out our Go To Market and Support teams. The ideal candidate will blend recruiting tool acumen, candidate pipeline development strategy, and relationship management at a very high level. This key contributor will be an eager and willing collaborator that is interested in helping us continue to innovate our recruiting culture as we scale. Our ideal candidate also has successfully supported a high functioning recruiting team, and is motivated to take on the challenge of helping us build out our Sales, Success, Service & Support, Revenue Ops, Business Applications, Trust & Safety, and Diversity & Inclusion teams with top talent. We have extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle.
You’ll be a core part of our sourcing and recruiting efforts over the coming years, be a key partner to the hiring managers, and build a pipeline that converts to success. Mentor and coach those more junior on the team where you operationalize your success and spread it team-wide.
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to build a pipeline of high quality candidates
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Track and report state of pipeline, recruiting funnel metrics and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Staying abreast of news in the tech startup space
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of experience as a sourcer sourcing for candidates in Business, Sales, Support or Go To Market related roles.
- Track record of sourcing and hiring passive candidates across the U.S.
- Experience in creative sourcing through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates
- Ability to work from home, self motivated, disciplined, available
- Experience with GEM
- Experience with GSuite, Slack, Mac, LinkedIn Recruiter, Greenhouse
- AIRS certification, Boolean Strings etc.
- Passionate about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Startup experience is a huge plus, especially in a similarly sized company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.