A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team empowers Thumbtack to use data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems -- everything from how we set prices across hundreds of local services categories, to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance, to identifying early predictors of high-quality customers. We are a tight-knit, intellectually curious team that is committed to improving Thumbtack and improving each other.
Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of growing team members into more senior responsibilities in analytics, as well as preparing them for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Analyst at Thumbtack, you’ll be expected to leverage your analytical expertise, product sense, and interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with a product team to help launch features and transform our marketplace. Outside product work, you’ll contribute to our broader analytics team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions.
Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of preparing team members not only for more senior responsibilities in analytics, but also for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
- Drive product strategy by proposing and conducting quantitative research into key user behaviors and business trends, in partnership with product managers, engineers, designers, and other team members
- Design and analyze A/B tests, market-based tests, etc. and conduct other forms of causal inference, to help us rigorously learn about our millions of users
- Design new features and inform the product roadmap through analysis, e.g., help define matching mechanics and ranking behavior for new Thumbtack product lines
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Apply advanced statistical/econometric modeling tools to develop robust models to support business initiatives
- Provide complete solutions to business problems using data science techniques, statistics and data analysis
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through accessible data table design and maintenance
- Collaborate with, mentor, and help recruit team members
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2+ years of analytics/data science experience
- Passion for problem-solving, critical thinking, and data
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
- Proficient in one of Python or R
- Expert in SQL
- Familiarity with basic statistical, machine learning, and econometric concepts, e.g., power analysis, linear regression, etc.
- Experience in relevant tech companies, e.g., consumer-facing or marketplace
- Experience in an analytical environment outside of analytics, e.g., management consulting
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in statistics, math, data science, computer science, or economics
- Familiarity with advanced statistical, machine learning, and econometric concepts, e.g., fixed effects models, decision trees, SVMs, etc.
- Expertise with applying predictive modeling techniques (model training, logistic regression etc), statistics and information retrieval methods to real-world data
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.