Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Sales and Success Operations Team
Thumbtack’s Sales and Success Operations team is a tight-knit group charged with helping to drive revenue through the sales team at the best ROI possible. We provide actionable insights to the sales team and sales leadership, drive efficiencies in workflows and processes, and facilitate a smooth sales process for our pros to help them be successful on our platform. We collaborate with a variety of teams--from operations analytics to product to engineering to pave the way for Go-To-Market success.
About the Role
The Associate Sales and Success Operations Analyst acts as a key enabler of Thumbtack’s Go-To-Market teams and supports Thumbtack’s mission by making it easier for new pros to join the platform and learn how to be successful. You are responsible for providing a wide range of operational support for the Sales and Success organizations. A key focus of this role will be interfacing with Sales and Success team managers to identify, prioritize and execute their requests for CRM support.
- Managing and distributing incoming project requests to teammates
- Creating and updating Salesforce reports
- Processing sales package refund requests
- Assisting in the review process of end of month sales audit
- Managing and updating third-party tools such as calendar management
- Assisting with general CRM data entry and hygiene tasks
- Managing and updating the employee roster file for Sales and Success
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2+ years experience working with a CRM (preferably Salesforce) or in an operations role
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and/or Excel
- Detailed, organized, and results-driven with the ability to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Willingness to work in a graveyard shift
- Experience supporting a Sales and/or Success organization
- Proud of your work, ambitious, and ready to take on new challenges
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning employees have the flexibility to live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. This role is closely aligned with our day-to-day Thumbtack library operations and is expected to report to the Thumbtack library in Manila on a regular cadence when it is safe to resume in-person operations.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.