Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Social Team
Our Social Media Team protects Thumbtack’s brand through organic social media channels and multiple review websites. We’re a tight-knit team with a high bar for performance and collaboration. We partner with teams across the company to triage concerns and create on-brand content. We’re always striving to improve Thumbtack’s brand awareness and better ourselves in the process.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Social Media Associate who can adapt to the ever changing world of social media. This includes responding to users through DMs, reaching out to influencers, and creating content for us to post on our organic social media channels. You’re able to work as a team and contribute to our cross-functional partnerships while also working on solo projects.
- Respond efficiently with Thumbtack’s brand voice to comments and messages via social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor, app store reviews, and review websites.
- Identify issues, trends, and common problems facing our users; while maintaining knowledge of the Thumbtack platform to assist customers in resolving their concerns.
- Flexibility to take on a wide range of projects with a sense of determination and organization
- Triage escalated concerns and route them to the appropriate queue to be handled by our Trust and Safety Team.
- Create content for Thumbtack organic social media channels by writing copy, creating images, reaching out to users to showcase them on social media, and contributing to brainstorm sessions for the overall strategy.
- Work cross functionally with our Brand Creative, Comms, Trust and Safety, and paid social teams.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1+ years of Social Media Support Experience.
- Strong and flexible copywriting abilities - can write formally and casually, using Thumbtack brand voice.
- Experience working within existing brand guidelines. You also know when and how to flex them, pushing the bounds of creative while remaining true to the brand.
- Strong verbal communication and collaboration in a high-performing team and cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of public relations and brand perspectives.
- High level of professionalism while being customer obsessed.
- Independent thinker and problem solver.
- Must be well-organized, proactive, resourceful, and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using social media management platforms. Khoros is preferred.
- Knowledge of brand reputation management platforms.
- Experience using Figma or Adobe CC.
- Experience handling escalated PR and customer service issues.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.