Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Business Applications Team
The Internal Tools team is made up of 3 teams -- IT Infrastructure & Operations, Business Applications, and Technical Program Management & Procurement. Together, we deliver trusted, scalable, secure services and infrastructure to empower Thumbtack employees with the tools they need to get work done. We partner with the business and own our platform of internal tools throughout their lifecycle -- intake, prioritization, buy/build, implementation, support, and retirement.
About the Role
Come help us build the Financial Systems Administration function from the ground up. As a Senior Financial Systems Administrator at Thumbtack you’ll design, build, support and optimize the applications, tools and services that support our Finance, Accounting and HR teams. You’ll collaborate with engineers, program managers, end users and leaders to execute projects, manage critical data, and implement and maintain integrations in our ecosystem.
- Design, implement, enhance and maintain highly-available, scalable applications and services
- Act as primary IT administrator for finance applications and collaborate with other teams to build and manage integrations with other platforms / tools (ADP, Workday, Okta, Salesforce, data warehouses, etc)
- Partner with teams across Thumbtack to drive financial systems strategy and direction, and to optimize tools and processes to scale for growth and efficiency
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical issues and provide user support including after-hours for critical systems and process changes (incident management, month close)
- Lead technology projects to completion with a focus on delivering business value, leading through change, and fostering continuous process improvement.
- Coordinate with Finance, Legal, IT, and Security to manage data, security, and legal governance processes and to maintain compliance with security standards (least-privilege access, patching, two-factor authentication, VPN)
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years experience in a business and/or systems role
- Proven success as a Netsuite Administrator, and experience implementing and maintaining one or more SaaS / Cloud financial systems (NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce CPQ, Concur, Tableau)
- Knows what it means to build high-quality, maintainable, scalable tools or applications -- and enjoys doing it
- Well versed in Finance and HR business processes and Financial close, with the Financial ecosystems expertise to enable them (including system rules, workflows, formulas, sandboxes, and customization of all standard and custom objects)
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis and demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- A great teammate and partner who has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, works well cross-functionally, and thrives in a fast-paced, virtual first environment
- Understanding of security and compliance practices and experience with SOX and PCI
- Experience supporting multiple legal/business entities and currencies
- Direct experience implementing financial, billing and/or reporting solutions in SaaS tools
- Hands on experience with other technology platforms and tools including CRM, procurement, online payment processing, analytics, and survey tools
- Proficient understanding of code, writing the occasional script, and making queries in SQL or SOQL
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Engineers on a mission
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.