Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Engineering Team
At Thumbtack, engineers at every level build products and systems that directly impact our customers and professionals. Our challenges span a wide variety of areas, ranging from building search and booking experiences to optimizing pricing systems, to building tools to help professionals grow their businesses. We believe in tackling these hard problems together as a team, with strong values around collaboration, ownership, and transparency. To read more about the hard problems that our team is taking on, visit our engineering blog.
About the Role
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll focus on bringing the Thumbtack vision to life. You’ll collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building exciting new user experiences, optimizing website performance to make our pages blazingly fast, or researching new technologies to improve our frontend stack.
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them.
- Write incredible new components using TypeScript, Sass, and the latest-and-greatest HTML APIs.
- Participate in a culture that values thoughtful code reviews, and frequent deploys.
- Work with the Business Applications and Product Experience teams to design and maintain the architecture of Thumbtack Help Center and Thumbtack Solutions Center
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years of industry experience in web development
- A deep understanding of JS beyond libraries or frameworks (i.e. not just React)
- A familiarity with robust FE tooling to support our growing team
- You know what it means to write high quality, maintainable, testable code, and you enjoy doing it
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful products
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems
- You’re comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts
- You love delivering value to your users and your teammates through your work
- Experience working with Salesforce APEX and Salesforce APIs.
- Love writing documentation and tests to keep their code lovely for years to come.
- Be able to show what they've built via GitHub, CodePen, or a personal portfolio site.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Engineers on a mission
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.