Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Business Performance Team, FP&A
The Business Performance team sits under the FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) team. Financial Planning and Analysis is a highly visible team who use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to plan and evaluate Thumbtack’s financial performance against company goals.
FP&A transforms the Thumbtack strategy and vision into a financial plan using critical analysis, planning and modeling. It forecasts revenue, expenses and profitability, sets annual financial targets and is critical to Thumbtack’s success.
About the Role
As owner of Thumbtack’s revenue planning and forecasting, the Senior Revenue Analyst, FP&A will be responsible for accurately forecasting Thumbtack’s primary revenue drivers and ultimately revenue. You will evaluate actual performance against the forecast and plan, and be able to articulate key drivers of variances and provide analytical insights into their movements.
This is a highly visible role, working with senior leaders within Thumbtack. As owner of Thumbtack's revenue forecasts, you will critical to ensuring Thumbtack's success at becoming public company ready.
Remote until at least July 2021
- Own and maintain Thumbtack’s primary revenue forecast model and drivers
- Production of the monthly, quarterly and annual revenue forecast
- Build and maintain variance analysis tools to deep dive into actual vs. forecast revenue variances to plan and supporting metrics
- Work with FP&A Business partners to help evaluate investment opportunities, including revenue impact sizing
- Support for Dashboards and metrics deep dives, Investigate key business trends while communicating clearly and concisely the working hypothesis and confirmed findings in key forums for the company and leadership team
- Provide front line support for ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 5+ years of FP&A experience, with experience in revenue planning and reporting
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, using key tools within Excel and G-Suite
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Able to translate financial analytics into clear and insightful recommendations for business stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using SQL to analyze large data sets
- Experience within a public company environment
- Experience working for a tech company
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Financial Planning Systems experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.