Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the Service and Support Team
The Service & Support Team helps our pros provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty and grow their business. As the frontline advocates, our team creates service experiences that live up to our service promise to be fast, reliable and helpful.
About the Role
As a Sr. Manager you will lead our Service and Support team here in the Philippines as they build strong teams, improve for efficiency and create an elite service experience. You will be responsible for the management and development of a team of people leaders ensuring that they receive the coaching and development they need to build strong teams of their own.
- Provide people leadership to the TPH Service and Support team and as part of the overall PH leadership team
- Partner closely with global key stakeholders to assess business needs and make process improvements in the PH operations, communicate best practices, set goals and surface problem areas
- Train, mentor, develop and reward managers and ensure they are doing the same for their employees
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services
- Monitor the productivity and quality of manager and agent performance through reporting and data analysis
- Ensure all work is in compliance with company values and regulations including following state legislation
- Participate in company and department initiatives that drive business growth
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends to the appropriate parties
- Make independent and insightful decisions keeping the customer and company needs in mind
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 10 years people leadership experience in operations management, driving results and process improvement in large (100+ FTE) team environments; held a leadership position in a customer service role
- A stellar communicator with the ability to build relationships with team members and customers from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to persistently and appropriately persuade and push people to perform
- Ability to think, plan and act from vision strategy through execution
- A successful track record working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain a high level of customer focus in a variety of complicated situations while equally considering the customer, employee and company needs
- Familiarity with WFM concepts and tools
- Familiarity with Quality and CSAT analytics
- Good understanding of program financials
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.