Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Workplace Experience Team
The mandate of the Workplace Experience (WPX) team is to develop and implement the strategic use of physical workspaces to drive productivity along with community and engagement for employees. The scope of work for this team includes developing a global real estate strategy that reinforces our future of work strategy, operating facilities and office equipment, facilitating the pickup/delivery of physical equipment in partnership with IT, workplace safety (remote and in-office), and return-to-office planning and operations.
About the Role
You are a values-driven manager with a strong customer service-first mindset, ensuring our physical/remote work environments help us attract, support and keep the best talent in the industry. You are a leader that will drive continuous improvement in the operational efficiency and processes remotely and across our offices, constantly finding ways to improve the overall employee experience.
- Prioritize projects and tasks of the team
- Demonstrate strong judgment in decision making
- Strong ability to document processes and procedures
- Manage and plan events(virtual and in-office)
- Project manage all logistics to large company gatherings/events that are virtual and in-office
- Manage budgets, planning, requests and invoice review
- Apply knowledge of local regulatory requirements to ensure compliance(building permits, dole regulations, employee health and safety)
- Vendor management
- Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies. Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Partner with global peers and other departments within the company to ensure consistency of service
- Act as a consultant, facilitator and collaborator on office build outs, upgrades, and lease negotiations
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of event planning experience
- 3+ years office management experience
- 3+ years experience of leading a team
- Proven project management experience and skills with strong commitment to achieving a high level of customer service
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Quick learner that is resourceful and proactive
- Have experience or background in real estate/office lease management
- Knowledgeable or have background in Occupational Safety and Health standards as mandated by DOLE
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning employees have the flexibility to live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. This role is closely aligned with our day-to-day Thumbtack library operations and is expected to report to the Thumbtack library in Manila on a regular cadence when it is safe to resume in-person operations.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.