Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
About the Growth Marketing Team
The Growth Marketing team at Thumbtack is an important lever of growth for the company, responsible for acquiring and retaining pros and customers on Thumbtack via SEO, SEM, paid acquisition, and customer engagement channels. The Growth Marketing team is embedded in a larger highly cross-functional Growth org with Engineering, PM, and Analytics resources to help support its efforts.
About the Role
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a Growth Marketing Associate to help oversee our engagement marketing notifications across planning, execution, and reporting.
This role will need to operate cross-functionally with a variety of partners throughout the product development org, so our ideal candidate is very organized, adept at working with different teams and stakeholders, and able to prioritize work to manage time efficiently. No prior experience in lifecycle marketing is required, but an interest in learning more about lifecycle/engagement marketing is preferred.
- Build and execute marketing campaigns across email, push, and other marketing channels
- Facilitate testing/QA process with stakeholders for each campaign to ensure flawless execution
- Run A/B tests across campaigns to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across the program
- Analyze and report on the impact of engagement programs, using learnings to iterate and make improvements
- 1-3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in lifecycle/engagement marketing or marketing ops
- Experience working with ESPs and/or a marketing/engagement automation tool (Iterable or Pardot experience a plus)
- Ability to pick up new processes and technologies quickly
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Experience developing email templates using HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analytics
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.