Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team empowers Thumbtack to use data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems -- everything from how we set prices across hundreds of local services categories, to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance, to identifying early predictors of high-quality customers. We are a tight-knit, intellectually curious team that is committed to improving Thumbtack and improving each other.
About the Role
At Thumbtack, we have built a rigorous, data-driven Marketing program that uses a combination of quantitative data, sophisticated technology, and human ingenuity to bring users to Thumbtack and keep them coming back. We are hiring a Lead of Marketing Analytics to lead our analytics efforts around paid acquisition marketing. You will partner directly with a team of Growth Marketers to define and execute against an analytical agenda that equips and empowers our performance marketing program to profitably acquire users on both sides of our marketplace. You will coordinate and potentially manage a team of analysts embedded in a Marketing team that is industry-leading in its commitment to analytical rigor and culture of accountability for business impact.
Remote in San Francisco Bay Area until at least July 2021
- Drive analytics for a rigorous performance marketing program, empowering the team to use data to define, set, and achieve the right goals for our campaigns across all paid advertising channels (SEM, display, TV, paid social, etc.)
- Define and apply appropriate marketing metrics, measurement methods, and experimentation processes to power a technologically-sophisticated, data-driven paid acquisition marketing program
- Influence senior executive thinking and decision-making through credibly representing both the Marketing and the Analytics points of view
- Partner with our Finance, Business Analytics, and Marketing teams to drive corporate reporting, forecasting, and planning across our acquisition marketing programs
- Collaborate with analysts and engineers to develop and improve our marketing analytics infrastructure, including data pipelines and predictive models
- Coordinate the priorities, projects, and roadmap for a team of high-performing marketing analysts
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of analytics experience with 2+ years of hands-on experience driving analytics for a growth, performance, direct response, or other ROI-goaled marketing program
- Strong analytical and technical skills honed by experience executing and coordinating complex, high-impact marketing analytics projects
- Experience applying experiments, lift tests, attribution, and other measurement techniques to measure and optimize the performance of paid marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in building and running processes or systems to automate marketing performance reporting and measurement
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally and with senior leadership
- Experience in a marketplace company or high-growth startup
- Experience designing, executing, and/or using the results of marketing incrementality or lift tests
- Experience developing and debugging data pipelines for marketing attribution and/or performance measurement
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.