Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Growth Marketing Team
The Growth Marketing team at Thumbtack is an important lever of growth for the company, responsible for acquiring and retaining pros and customers on Thumbtack via SEO, SEM, paid acquisition, and engagement channels. The Growth Marketing team is embedded in a larger highly cross-functional Growth org with Engineering, PM, and Analytics resources to help support its efforts.
About the Role
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to help oversee our customer engagement strategy across planning, execution, and analysis.
As the Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will need to have a deep understanding of Thumbtack’s customer lifecycle stages and craft a messaging strategy that will help guide customers along their product journey. You’ll work cross-functionally with a variety of partners throughout the product development org to drive customer retention and engagement through notifications.
- Own the growth of our engagement channels, managing a roadmap of campaign ideas and experiments to hit quarterly business goals, along with use qualitative and quantitative data to inform campaign decisions
- Work with our Brand team on crafting compelling creative briefs and overall messaging strategy
- Build a multi-channel/omnichannel customer engagement strategy across email, push, in-app messaging, and other marketing channels
- Manage engagement campaigns calendar and project timelines
- Run A/B tests across campaigns/channels to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across the program
- Compile learnings/insights from engagement experiments and share out with XFN partners
- Monitor campaign performance and share readouts on a regular cadence with team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in lifecycle/engagement marketing
- Experience working with ESPs and/or an engagement marketing tool (Iterable experience a plus)
- Expertise in email marketing best practices (other marketing channels a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with email HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing best practices
- Technical knowledge of engagement marketing tools and data integration
- Prior experience in scaling multichannel/omnichannel marketing messaging programs
- Familiarity with marketing attribution and incrementality testing
- Experience developing customer personas/segments
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.