Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
As a Workforce Analyst, you are a guardian and a champion of our captive teams’ service level performance and its underlying components. You are able to react quickly whenever service levels are not met by making adjustments to capacity plans. You co-own the Forecasting, Capacity Planning, and Scheduling processes and is responsible for providing interval staffing requirements on a daily and weekly basis. All these are valuable recommendations that you provide to your stakeholders; thereby contributing to the overall success of the team.
What you’ll do
- Translate weekly forecasted task volumes into daily and per interval forecasts
- Participate and provide meaningful inputs during onshore and offshore meetings that discuss any volume-impacting events
- Provide accurate and up-to-date interval staffing requirements
- Ensure up-to-date assumptions on Efficiency and Staffing
- Generate/Plot schedules based on forecasted interval capacity requirements
- Communicate schedules and schedule changes regularly or as needed
- Enter, maintain and manage schedules through NICE IEX (or any other WF Tool used by the company)
- Monitor and report Schedule Adherence
- Incorporate Time-off/Leaves into schedule and capacity plan
- Facilitate the Quarterly Schedule Transition
- Ensure that Team Rosters and Attrition data are accurate and up-to-date
- Monitor vendor Service Level performance and underlying metrics and reports best practices, opportunities, and irregularities weekly or as needed
- Sense-check the vendor's Line Adherence/Capacity Plan on a daily basis by validating plan against any updates/changes (e.g. changes to routing/pro-segmentation protocols, expected outages, TSL off-phones, etc.)
- Generate reports used for cross-functional collaboration (e.g. timekeeping-related reports such as agent activity, time-offs, schedule adherence, etc.)
What will make you a perfect fit for the role
- At least 2 years of experience in workforce planning (Forecasting, Capacity Planning, Scheduling)
- Experience working in the outsourcing, shared services, or similar industry
- Extensive hands-on experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge in the practical application of Erlang scripts for workforce management
- Exceptional English communication and interpersonal skills
- No specific educational requirement but college degree preferred
What would be nice for you to have
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tools/software (e.g., TeleOpti, Totalview, IEX, Genesys, etc.)
- CWPP (Certified Workforce Planning Professional) Certification
- Ability to solve complex problems and analyze large data sets
- Strong internet connection