Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
We are seeking to hire a stellar business applications developer to work in our Draper, Utah office. The right person will help us advance our customer and pro relationship-management solutions. We will hire someone who is a proven team player who stays current with developer tradecraft and is passionate about implementing superior quality solutions on or integrated with the Salesforce platform.
- Develop best-in-class Salesforce business applications in support of all Thumbtack.com business teams and processes
- As required by the Salesforce Administration team, serve in a technical resource and advisory role to extend the limits of configuration-based solutions
- Contribute consistently and enthusiastically to the development team’s capability maturity and overall velocity of results
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams
- Proven aptitude for critical thinking and creative problem solving
- A drive to be a Salesforce expert
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce application development and support
- 5+ years of general software development
- Relevant technical and development skills:
- Advanced SFDC Apex
- Service Cloud
- Lightning Components
- Lighting Design System
- SFDC Integration APIs
- Service Console Integration API
- VF => Lightning Hybrid Solutions
- Git VCS
- React Js
- Public-facing Salesforce Sites
- Single Sign On
- Community User Management
- Salesforce Connect
- Sales Cloud
- LiveAgent, LiveText, Omni Channel
- SFDX CLI
- Lighting Testing Service
- Data Export/Import
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related area
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.