Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re pooling for.
About the Role
The Workforce Management Analyst serves as an internal consultant to the operations teams’ Service Level performance. He/She co-owns the Forecasting, Capacity Planning, and Scheduling processes and is responsible for providing interval staffing requirements on a daily and weekly basis.
Team Structure & Inter-Team Working Relationships
This person will be working closely with the captive teams’ managers to ensure that the teams are appropriately staffed to handle the forecasted task volumes. This person will also be collaborating with vendor operations planning teams to align on staffing requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Translates weekly forecasted task volumes into daily and per interval forecasts
- Participates in TSL/TSF meetings that discuss any volume-impacting events
- Acquires internal qualitative inputs (from Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams) that impact task volumes
- Acquires external qualitative inputs (e.g. weather, traffic, local events, etc.) that can impact staffing
- Provides accurate and up-to-date interval staffing requirements
- Ensures up-to-date assumptions on Efficiency and Staffing
- Conducts regular spot-checks to ensure efficiency and staffing assumptions are accurate and up-to-date (i.e. basic time and motion study, workflow audits, etc.)
- Generates/Plots schedules based on forecasted interval capacity requirements
- Communicates schedules and schedule changes regularly or as needed
- Enters, maintains and manages schedules through TeleOpti (or any other WF Tool used by the company)
- Monitors and reports Schedule Adherence
- Incorporates Time-off/Leaves into schedule and capacity plan
- Facilitates the Quarterly Schedule Transition
- Generates schedule shells and send them to Operations for bidding
- Coordinates with Ops Leaders to ensure smooth schedule transition
- Ensures that Team Rosters and Attrition data are accurate and up-to-date
- Monitors vendor Service Level performance and underlying metrics and reports best practices, opportunities, and irregularities weekly or as needed
- Sense-checks the vendor's Line Adherence/Capacity Plan for the day.
- Validates plan against any updates/changes (e.g. changes to routing/pro-segmentation protocols, expected outages, TSL off-phones, etc.)
- Adjusts (vendor or captive teams’) specialists’ skill/split configuration in real-time during critical intervals to address intraday manpower deficits/surplus
- Generate reports used for cross-functional collaboration (e.g. timekeeping-related reports such as agent activity, time-offs, schedule adherence, etc.)
Qualifications & Educational Background
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 2 years of experience in workforce planning (Forecasting, Capacity Planning, Scheduling)
- Experience working in the outsourcing, shared services, or similar industry
- Exceptional English communication and interpersonal skills
- No specific educational requirement but college degree preferred
- Extensive hands-on experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tools/software (e.g., TeleOpti, Aspect, Totalview, NICE IEX, Genesys, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge in the practical application of Erlang scripts for workforce management is required
- CWPP (Certified Workforce Planning Professional) Certification is a plus
If you think you fit the bill, you may share with us your profile by applying to this job. Take note that this is for pooling only and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we’re ready to open the role.