Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re pooling for.
About the Team
The Real-time Analyst supports in-house and vendor operations. His/her main stakeholders are In-house Operations Managers and Vendor Operations Managers.
About the Role
As a Real Time Analyst, you are a guardian of productivity and a champion of service level management: you think on your feet and are able to make quick and effective decisions for every surge or decline in task volume. You are keen on details and can gather relevant insights from real-time events relating to workforce management. You are able to provide valuable recommendations to the operations teams; thereby contributing to providing pros and customers with a great user experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service Level Management
- Monitors agent statuses in tools/systems
- Adjust skills as necessary
- Add exception codes into workforce software
- Implement the Voluntary Time Off (VTO) and Overtime (OT) processes
- Manage offline activities such as training pullouts and meetings
- Recommend/implement other real-time contingencies/actions needed to address risks to operational success
- Risk Monitoring
- Review and analyze employee schedules and capacity plans
- Monitor and record employee attendance and schedule adherence in real time
- Accept and record employee absence/tardiness advice through different communication channels - e.g. phone, text, chat, and email
- Monitor intra-day (per interval) forecast volume, service level outlook, and expected offline activities
- Coordinate with operations supervisors to resolve attendance and schedule adherence issues
- Monitor external risks to operational success, employee safety, and business continuity (e.g. weather, natural calamities, traffic, etc.)
- Business Continuity Process (BCP) execution
- Implement the queue prioritization process, overtime process, offline activity management as needed
- Initiate the BCP Process as needed
- Activate the Work From Home (WFH) process
- Initiate operations call trees
- Implement other BCP initiatives
- Interface with Operations Management to resolve conflicts between employee requests and business need
- Attend Daily, Weekly, Monthly meetings that fall within shift
- Process data in spreadsheets with simple formulas to create insightful reports
- Pull data from appropriate systems and distribute to requestors
- Report operational insights observed in real-time
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 2 years of experience in intraday workforce management (Real-time Service Level Management, Schedule Monitoring and Analysis, and Shrinkage Control)
- Experience working in the outsourcing, shared services, or similar industry
- Exceptional English communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical Skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tools/software (e.g. TeleOpti, Totalview, IEX, Genesys, etc.)
- No specific educational requirement but college degree preferred
- Prior experience with TeleOpti WFM is a plus
- CWPP (Certified Workforce Planning Professional) Certification is a plus
If you think you fit the bill, you may share with us your profile by applying to this job. Take note that this is for pooling only and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we’re ready to open the role.