Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re pooling for.
About the role
As the Staff Accountant, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to come into a new office and work closely with the Thumbtack Philippines as well as Thumbtack HQ Accounting teams in the implementation of Accounts Payables and Expense processes in-house. You’ll get to grow with a team and have team support while getting to make a huge impact on implementing new systems and processes. You are comfortable being a self-starter and creating your own structure while living in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, performing all of your duties with the highest integrity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Accounts Payable and travel and expense (T&E) expense reporting
- Organize original receipts and files for finance
- Distribute vendor payments and record cash transactions
- Support annual budgeting and financial audit processes
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2-3 years of accounts payable experience; ideally have worked in both large, enterprise companies as well as smaller organizations/teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge in expense related taxes (e.g. withholding taxes)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and email
- CPA license
- Proficiency in NetSuite and Concur
If you think you fit the bill, you may share with us your profile by applying to this job. Take note that this is for pooling only and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we’re ready to open the role.