Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re pooling for.
About the Role
To ensure a great user experience and our long-term growth, trust and safety are at the foundation of everything we do. As a part of the Marketplace Trust & Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack's most interesting and challenging issues. You will work as the front-line on issues that are integral to Thumbtack’s mission and longevity by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld. On this team, you will be part of a tight-knit group that works on ensuring that fraudulent activities on our platform are caught and prevented. By doing so, you help ensure that Thumbtack continues to be a safe space for all our pros and customers.
About the Team
- This role is an individual contributor reporting directly to a Team Manager
- Though an individual contributor, this role requires collaboration and mindshare with other members of the MTS team.
- Some level of work and interaction with San Francisco and Salt Lake MTS business partners are expected.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on tasks that are designed to catch spam, reduce fraud, increase adherence to the Terms of Service, and improve trust and safety on the Thumbtack platform, including but not limited to:
- Reviews pro profile and activities and takes appropriate actions to make sure we deliver quality pros to our customers
- Reviews customer profile and activities and takes appropriate actions to make sure we deliver quality leads/customers to our pros
- Makes sure users adhere to Thumbtack’s Terms of Service and takes appropriate actions to users who violate the Terms of Service
- Proactively identifies user accounts and user activities to catch and flag fraud, scam and other Terms-of-Service (TOS) violations in the marketplace
- Investigates and researches complex fraud cases
- Identifies and raises suspicious and unusual fraud trends and activities on the platform
- Reviews the reports received from users and takes appropriate action
- Reports unusual and/or unexpected behavior of the machine models/rules
- Reinforces Thumbtack’s Terms of Service by taking proactive and reactive measures and coaching and/or providing feedback to users through different channels (chat, email, and/or phone)
- Works with the manager to further improve our Trust & Safety policies by surfacing process and product deficiencies and providing recommendations
- Resolves issues through proper escalation of cases
- Assists in the completion of special and ad-hoc projects
- Participates and assists in the completion of Marketplace Trust and Safety special projects
- Upholds the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2-3 years professional experience in the BPO, shared services, or similar industry
- Strong preference for those with the following experience working on operations or projects which involve supporting and resolving issues in online communities, ecommerce or online marketplaces, and/or consumer app products
- Excellent analytical skills: use their professional judgement in interpreting findings
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation and investigation
- Excellent English communication (verbal, writing, and email writing) skills
- Willingness to work during the day, mid or graveyard shift and rotating rest days
- Experience working in a Trust & Safety, Content Moderation, Fraud and/or Risk Management role
- Experience working in different channels (email, chat, phone) or any similar industry
If you think you fit the bill, you may share with us your profile by applying to this job. Take note that this is for pooling only and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we’re ready to open the role.