Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the Operations Planning Team
The Operations Planning team exists to effectively manage manpower resources to serve our pros and customers. It enables teams to meet their service level targets by providing them with timely and accurate information and recommendations.
About the Role
As the Operations Planning Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the overall workforce management team and its processes, which primarily includes Capacity Planning, GCC/Real Time management, Scheduling and Reporting. The role entails supporting the operations teams in Salt Lake City, USA and Manila, Philippines.
- Handles the overall governance of the Workforce department and manages functional relationships with key stakeholders within the organization relevant to operational planning and productivity optimization
- Oversees workforce forecasting, scheduling, intra-day and reporting activities in collaboration with the Operations team and the Global Command Center
- Monitors and reviews policies and processes; inputs and outputs for process improvement recommendations and changes
- Provides relevant insights and recommendations on operations planning and capacity, including schedule analysis, headcount requirement, outage management and service level management
- Analyzes reporting, staffing and scheduling procedures and/or structure on regular basis to ensure optimum effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide guidance, support and conduct regular cadence with the RTAs, Capacity Planners and GCC
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years experience as Workforce Manager preferably in an In-house, Shared Services or BPO set up
- 3+ years of experience in planning, implementing, utilizing and and supporting workforce management systems like TeleOpti, IEX, eWFM, Tableau, Salesforce, Five9 etc.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team with 5 or more headcount in Workforce/Ops Planning or Operations/Delivery.
- Above average ability to deep dive into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify opportunities and risks.
- Solid experience in working with global stakeholders, clients and cross functional teams
- Has the ability to quickly learn/adapt to new systems and processes
- Strong background on reports creation, data visualization and information management
- Knowledge and experience on Project Management, COPC, Business Continuity Planning and SQL.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.