Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the IT Team
Thumbtack’s IT team is passionate about focusing on operational excellence, whether that’s process improvements, automating the hell out of things, or helping find that next amazing app for our internal teams. We understand that if we get this right we can focus more of our attention on the things that matter to the business - namely innovation and becoming a trusted business partner. We strive to deliver the best IT service our users have experienced. Ever.
As with most startup environments, you will need to bring not only your technical skills to bear, but also your willingness to take on all challenges big and small. More importantly, you’ll need a positive outlook, good communication skills, and a craving for learning. You will be using your past experiences to help build a world-class IT department and to think outside the box in delivering new services and resources to the business. Are you ready for some fun?
About the Role
As an IT Support Engineer, you are the first point of contact to provide day-to-day technical support to end users on a variety of issues. You will work on assignments that are typically routine in nature, requiring good judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations to ensure that Business Operations run smoothly.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, assisting our customers via in person walk-ups, support tickets, email, and chat. You will work closely with Help Desk staff to maintain IT support documentation, handle the IT queues, and run A/V events. You love building relationships with customers, business partners and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end user support, have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting and are hungry to learn and grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- General IT and Desktop Support
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk with rotating shifts to support our 24/7 operations
- Resolve incidents and problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Asset and Endpoint Management
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades and migrations
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Participate in inventory, purchasing and asset management to support the Help Desk
- System Access and Application Support
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Help evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- Network Support
- Diagnose and provide basic network support
- Escalate network issues on behalf of customers to senior technical staff and/or relevant groups
- A/V Support and Event Monitoring
- Diagnose and provide basic A/V support and troubleshooting
- Help lead and facilitate A/V events
- IT Projects
- Support IT projects by completing related tasks in a timely manner
- 1-2 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving and collaboration abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.x, iOS and Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10
- Network fundamentals and support experience (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- IT-related degree or related certification/s is an advantage
- Familiar with common access/authentication systems and tools: Okta, AD, LDAP
- Familiar with G Suite for Business (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc.)
- Knowledge of video conferencing solutions and support
- Previous experience with one or more of the following systems - Zendesk, G Suite for Business, Active Directory, Office 365, Okta, as-needed, Zoom
- Some heavy lifting of IT equipment required (shifting computers in storage, deployment of equipment to desks)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.