Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Team
The Success Consultant lies within the Success department under the Pro Engagement team here at Thumbtack. The Success team is a fast evolving team designed to drive success for our professionals. The Success team assists new Thumbtack professionals through onboarding to ensure they are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers and then provides ongoing insights, advice and success management to ensure the professionals are reaching their goals and objectives continuously. Currently, Success team manages the success of Thumbtack’s most successful and engaged professionals and oversees the onboarding experience of the new professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, and chat efforts. Additionally, the Success team works closely with the product, category management, and the broader pro engagement team to design and execute targeted campaigns to new and established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role
Having the right professionals on Thumbtack is critical to customers getting their projects done - and the Success team members have the important job of partnering with our most successful pros to make sure they remain successful on the platform. In addition, the team strives to understand how professionals measure success, leveraging data to discover growth and expansion opportunities. The members of this team are Thumbtack advocates and have a challenger mentality. They constantly offer a unique perspective and give the pro actionable recommendations while also being highly empathetic and advocating for their pros’ success. In the Success Consultant role specifically, you’ll work one-on-one, through various campaigns, with local service professionals across the country, driving adoption and awareness of key features or tools and helping these professionals get more leads.
- Manage and proactively engage with a portfolio of the highest potential Thumbtack professionals
- Understand your professional’s strategic goals and challenges and support them to extract the full value of their Thumbtack experience by providing appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Based on pro-health and market indicators, prioritize your outreach efforts to mitigate churn and position opportunity
- Build and execute on customer success plans
- Introduce pros to new product features and drive adoption of those features
- Propose expansion opportunities to meet the professional’s growth targets
- Share best practices with professionals and colleagues
- Translate pro feedback into product requirements
- Help developing professionals for case studies
- Organize and lead ‘value reviews’
- Have strong knowledge of the Thumbtack platform, always staying up-to-date on the latest product updates understanding how this impacts pros in your portfolio
- Become better at what you do every day!
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor degree or 2+ years of experience in a customer success, account management, sales, consulting role, or similar customer-facing roles
- Technology enthusiast, positively curious, and eager to build and learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment, but also help build scalable and sustainable processes
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights
- Ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Ability to work full-time M-F (40 hrs)
- Bilingual, Spanish Speaking
- Strong experience managing a book of business
- Understanding and experience working with Salesforce
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within an organization to drive results and customer retention
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.