Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Customer Support Team
The Customer Support Team helps our pros provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty and grow their business. We are responsible for managing this customer journey by providing the best solution for each individual- both pro and customer. As the frontline advocates, our Customer Support Team creates customer experiences that are simple, valuable and inspired.
About the Role
As a Manager of a Customer Support Team, you will be responsible to organize, structure and monitor the daily activities of a team of front line customer support representatives. You are the primary person to assist employees with daily questions and concerns, provide career development and coaching and oversee the training and mentoring of your employees. You will participate in investigations and issue corrective action or terminations as necessary. Our best managers are enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on balancing technology and human empathy to build employee trust and loyalty.
- Partner with your employees, encourage them to listen to the customer needs and provide the best solutions- make them the experts!
- Engage with team members through weekly development sessions to train, mentor, develop and reward team members.
- Monitor the productivity and quality of agent performance through reporting and data analysis.
- Assist in the completion of continuous coaching engagements, career development and performance reviews.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services while ensuring all work is in compliance with company values and regulations.
- Participate in company and department initiatives that drive business growth.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated customer inquiries with effective problem solving skills while building a relationships with the caller.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A mature, self-motivated and detail oriented individual with 2+ years of management experience.
- A stellar communicator with the ability to build relationships with team members and customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to persistently and appropriately persuade and push people to perform.
- Ability to think, plan and act from vision strategy through execution.
- A passion for helping others succeed.
- A successful track record working in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain a high level of customer focus in a variety of complicated situations while equally.. considering the customer, employee and company needs.
- 3+ years experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years additional education beyond high school
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Virtual first is here to stay
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.