Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Lifecycle Marketing Team
The Lifecycle Marketing team is part of the Pro Engagement department and focuses on empowering local professionals to:
- Understand how Thumbtack works
- Set up Thumbtack so they successfully get hired
- Adopt and use core features to get the most out of Thumbtack
- Retain and expand on Thumbtack
About the Role
We are currently looking to expand the team by adding 2 net new roles. The first role will focus on strategy and execution of marketing campaigns to drive user engagement & long term retention. The second role will focus on rapid experimentation to test new concepts & channels to drive growth in key markets.
*Please indicate if you have a preference for one of the roles or if you are open to both.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to Identify key growth levers that drive pro retention
- Create user journeys with key milestones professionals need to reach at each stage
- Design marketing experiments and analyze results
- Build multi-channel marketing campaigns for in-product and out of product communications.
- Be a strong cross-functional partner, able to organize and influence a range of stakeholders to drive successful and cohesive campaigns.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6+ years of experience
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills
- SQL knowledge
- Experience creating user journeys
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.