Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Role
As the Executive Assistant to three senior executives you will have the opportunity to act as a strategic business partner on both company-wide and team-level initiatives. You will be a highly visible partner across the org for each executive, while helping them to meet organizational and time-management challenges. Your support will enable executives to better meet the needs of their teams and to utilize their limited time in the most thoughtful way possible.
- Provide comprehensive support to the three executives to include strategic calendaring through Google Calendar (60%); booking travel and accommodations (10%); monthly expense reporting (10%); plan offsite events, prepare documents for meetings, and work on strategic projects (20%).
- Create, route, and process written and verbal correspondence with impeccable discretion and confidentiality across multiple platforms.
- Coordinate with external parties and their executive staff on frequent/regular meetings.
- General administrative duties (e.g., taking detailed notes, preparing meeting materials as needed) and a willingness to take on special projects with evolving priorities.
- Plan and execute team offsites, including sourcing venues, vendors, and activities.
- Assist team with tracking team budgets, invoices, submitting/approving expenses, and resolving any AP or AR issues.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years administrative experience; ideally supporting Engineering teams
- Experience creating procedures and structure within a team/company. Startup experience a plus
- Self-starter attitude and track record with seamlessly executing quickly on complex projects with minimal guidance
- Detail oriented with an ability to think strategically and make recommendations
- Excellent presentation skills while leveraging Google Applications
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Adaptable and diplomatic – ability to read each situation and executive and act accordingly
- BA/BS degree preferred
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.