Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Planning team
The planning team is responsible for developing the company strategy in partnership with the CEO and Executive Team and managing the planning process to ensure that the company strategy is translated to high quality team plans and OKRs. The team is responsible for building accountability mechanisms to ensure we are evaluating progress against goals and learning from past performance.
About the Role
You’ll be responsible for managing company-level planning and other strategic initiatives owned by the Office of the CEO. You’ll help drive accountability by tracking and bringing visibility to progress on OKRs and initiatives. And, you’ll bring operational rigor and a growth mindset to ensure we are always improving and effectively scaling company processes as we grow.
- Company Planning: Manage improve the company-level planning process and calendar. Design planning deliverables to ensure team plans and OKRs support the company strategy and goals. Partner with functional counterparts to align company-level planning with department-level planning.
- Execution Tracking: Develop and own tools and system to track OKRs across departments. Manage process for reviewing progress against company-level OKRs and major initiatives.
- Communications: Own planning rollout plan, such that leaders understand the planning approach and all employees understand company priorities and goals
- Strategic programs: Own other strategic initiatives and programs from the Office of the CEO
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in consulting, operations or program management
- Detail oriented, excellent time management and process management skills
- Cross-functional collaboration skills
- Clear, structured communicator (written, verbal and presentation skills)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.