Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Growth Marketing Team
The Growth Marketing team at Thumbtack is an important lever of growth for the company, responsible for acquiring and retaining pros and customers on Thumbtack via SEO, SEM, paid acquisition, and customer engagement channels. The Growth Marketing team is embedded in a larger highly cross-functional Growth org with Engineering, PM, and Analytics resources to help support its efforts.
About the Role
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to help oversee our engagement marketing notifications across planning, execution, and analysis.
This role will need to operate cross-functionally with a variety of partners throughout the product development org, so our ideal candidate is very organized, adept at working with different teams and stakeholders, and able to prioritize work to manage time efficiently.
- Build and execute marketing campaigns across email, push, in-app messaging, and other marketing channels
- Manage engagement campaigns calendar and project timelines
- Run A/B tests across campaigns/channels to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across the program
- Monitor channel performance, build channel-specific best practices, and share learnings/insights with other XFN partners
- Monitor changes in deliverability across email program
- Constantly optimize our marketing operations processes for more efficient and seamless campaign deployment
- Manage vendor relationships and troubleshoot/escalate issues accordingly
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in lifecycle/engagement marketing or marketing ops
- Experience working with ESPs and/or an engagement marketing tool (Iterable experience a plus)
- Familiarity with email HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership and project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pick up new processes and technologies quickly
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing best practices
- Experience developing email templates using HTML, CSS, and media queries
- Experience with data analytics
- Technical knowledge of engagement marketing tools and data integration
- Prior experience in scaling multichannel/omnichannel marketing messaging programs
- Familiarity with marketing attribution and incrementality testing
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.