Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1T in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Creative team.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group on a mission to make Thumbtack famous.
You’ll be actively facilitating the execution of a high volume of world-class creative across media—web, native app, TV, print, event design, and more. To meet the challenge, you’ll collaborate with a team of Creative Producers who work closely with designers, writers, production and cross-functionally with our Marketing, Communications, Product and Support teams.
About the role.
Thumbtack is currently seeking a Creative Producer to join the Thumbtack Brand Creative team. Our team is in a period of rapid development, and it’s an extremely exciting time to join. This is an opportunity for the right person to have a direct impact on a team that will help define the future of Thumbtack’s brand and marketing through thoughtful and innovative creative projects.
- Creating and managing project plans with long- and short-term timelines, with an understanding of prioritizing resources and tasks
- Resource management. Project scoping, creating work-back schedules and potentially collaborating with other producers to resource creative needs
- Facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,) and clearly communicating project status, timelines, deliverables, goals, and expectations on a regular basis
- Ensuring all stakeholders have up to date project milestones and near daily communications
- Assisting with the handling of contracts, negotiations, and relationships with vendors involved in projects
- Facilitating external vendor relationships (freelance designers, swag companies, etc.)
- Asset delivery and project task traffic management
- Ensure all deliverables are meeting business partner expectations, including adherence to established timelines, budgets and legal requirements
Must Have Qualifications.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of producer experience in an agency, production house, or in-house
- Experience running projects with multiple stakeholders
- Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and asset production workflow
- Able to build working relationships with core and cross-functional teams
- Ability to create clear, effective briefs in partnership with stakeholder
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience managing external creative and production partners
- Enviable organizational skills
- Proven industry experience with a portfolio to support
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals
More About Us.
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.