Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Creative team.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group on a mission to make Thumbtack famous. You’ll work closely with writers, designers, producers and brand managers to develop creative for both sides of the marketplace – customer and pro. Champion of the way our brand comes to life through photography and video content you’ll build alongside stakeholders in product and marketing -- to create and maintain a cohesive brand across all touchpoints of the Thumbtack product and service experience.
About the role.
We’re looking for an associate producer / video editor with production experience to join our Creative team. You’ll be responsible for supporting the in-house photo/video production team with photo or video projects in a hands-on production role. This role will support the Creative team by planning, prepping, and executing productions, including following through with managing the post-production process and even with doing some editing too.
We need someone who thrives on variety to take ownership of projects big and small. Whether it’s turning around a quick headshot photography shoot, producing a small internal video shoot, organizing photo/video assets, assisting lead producers on large platform productions, managing the post-production process or serving as a video editor. You may find yourself producing a content production for a multi-channel campaign or developing guidelines to empower remote photographers and other vendors to create on-brand content. You’re a self-starter, who loves the challenge of translating a brief into world-class creative.
- You will be acting as an editor on projects to optimize our video content.
- You’ll assist with managing all aspects of shoots from scheduling, budgeting, sourcing equipment to developing shot lists and storyboards.
- You’ll support the team with attention to detail and organization and guide them through to the final deliverables.
- Help create a wide variety of content for the full range of marketing and product channels, for both our customer and pro audiences.
- You’ll support the Growth team to develop creative that attracts and acquires new customers and pros to Thumbtack.
- You’ll support the People and Office Ops teams on company-culture initiatives that make Thumbtack one of the best places to work in the Bay Area. (No really, we’re not making that up. We’re one of the most innovative companies, too!)
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1-2 years of production experience at an agency, production company or in-house creative team.
- Portfolio that shows the management of project execution and delivery. Could be a portfolio of projects you edited too.
- Experience with Bay Area production and/or post-production industry. You have possibly worked on a local project with a local production team.
- Flexible and resourceful about executing on tight timelines and budgets.
- Experience with professional lighting setups, ranging from quick and dirty setups to elaborate studio rigs.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere. You have a reel of video work you have edited.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps like Photoshop, Illustrator and AfterEffects.
- Reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Presentation skills with the ability to explain your creative vision and listen to feedback.
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative. This is a strength-in-numbers kind of team; we make each other better.
More About Us.
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.