Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards - it’s telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
As a People Analyst, you’ll work with the Recruiting team to uncover insights and unlock innovation to drive the best outcomes for our hiring and people teams. As part of the recruitment team you will partner with a group of Recruiting Managers, Program Managers, Recruiters and Coordinators, along with several central teams to deliver a mix of initiative based and ad hoc solutions that drive toward innovation and simplification across the team.
- Design and build dashboards and analyses that power recruiting team decisions and operations. These include monthly reports on recruiter performance, candidate experience & pipeline, referral tracking, and hiring efficiencies.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reporting for business leaders to help achieve hiring goals; voice recommendations based on data to influence leaders.
- Deep understanding of our recruiting systems (Greenhouse, Gem, Goodtime) and how the data might change how we operate and leverage these systems.
- Stay on top of trends and reports, surfacing not just data, but also insights and recommendations to the right individuals in the right forums.
- Present and share findings in team meetings both internal to the team (e.g. Monthly All Recruiting Team meeting) and in partnership with leadership from engineering and other orgs (e.g. Master Alignment Meetings).
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching, and more.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, e.g. technology, finance, or consulting
- Proficiency using SQL to analyze large data sets
- Exemplary analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis
- Ability to work with company executives to understand the company’s recruiting needs and strategy
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
- Prior work experience in Recruiting or Human Resources
- Statistics knowledge / experience
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience working in an ATS or similar talent systems
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With nearly 1,000 different categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.