Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Creative team.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group on a mission to make Thumbtack famous. You’ll work closely with writers, producers and brand managers to develop campaigns for both sides of the marketplace – customer and pro. Champion of the brand aesthetic, you'll partner with stakeholders across product, marketing and employer brand teams to create and maintain a cohesive brand across all touchpoints of the Thumbtack product and service experience.
About the role.
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Designer who can do a little bit — or a lot — of everything. You’re just as comfortable teaming up with copywriters to concept a series of video ads as you are flying solo, mapping out landing pages or art directing a spot illustration for a product experience.
We need someone who thrives on owning a variety of projects big and small. Whether it’s turning around a quick email, jumping into a product design sprint to reimagine our native app onboarding flow, or coming up with swag ideas and environmental design concepts for a 300+ professional networking event – you’re a self-starter who loves the challenge of translating a brief into world-class creative.
- You’ll sit on the Creative team, within our Design organization, creating landing pages, emails, lads, event designs and supporting product launches.
- You’ll work with Product Marketing Managers to find ways of applying on-brand creative to marketing and product challenges for a non-technical audience.
- You’ll collaborate with the Growth team to drive customer and pro acquisition through social, app store optimization and landing page conversion.
- You’ll collaborate with Brand Managers to explore new ways to build awareness and drive affinity for the Thumbtack brand, through multichannel seasonal campaigns, and greenfield marketing channels.
- You’ll support the People and Office Ops teams on company-culture initiatives that make Thumbtack one of the best places to work in the Bay Area. (No really, we’re not making that up. We’re one of the most innovative companies, too!)
- You’ll develop communications and swag for large-scale pro events, imagine new ways to tell their stories, and create content for our online community.
“If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.”
- 4-6+ years of professional design experience at an agency or in-house.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking, creativity and impressive design chops.
- You display a human-centered approach to design that’s inquisitive, strategic and well-reasoned.
- You know how to work within existing brand guidelines. You also know when and how to flex them, pushing the bounds of creative while remaining true to the brand.
- Superb attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship.
- Reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Great presentation skills with the ability to explain your creative vision and listen to feedback.
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative. This is a strength-in-numbers kind of team; we make each other better.
More About Us.
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.