Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of Recruiters, Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Operations Specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
Thumbtack is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Sourcer to help us further build out our San Francisco Engineering team. The ideal candidate will blend recruiting tool acumen, candidate pipeline development strategy, and relationship management at a very high level. This key contributor will be an eager and willing collaborator that is interested in helping us continue to innovate our recruiting culture as we scale. Our ideal candidate also has successfully supported a high functioning recruiting team, and is motivated to take on the challenge of helping us build out our Engineering teams with top talent. We have extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle.
As the first impression to potential passive Engineering candidates, you are motivated to set a new standard for sourcing at Thumbtack, and partner with other Sourcing team members to make each other better. Of equal importance, you are excited to experiment with new and creative approaches to sourcing in collaboration with our technical recruiting team and hiring managers.
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Find, engage, and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Engage with qualified technical candidates and work with the recruiting team to lead them through the hiring process
- Talent mapping and competitive intelligence
- Track and report state of pipeline, recruiting funnel metrics and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Staying abreast of news in the tech startup space
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
- Collaborate with and encourage other sourcing team members
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team or a combination of both
- Proven track record for successfully identifying and filling pipelines with exceptional candidates in high growth environments
- Experience in creative sourcing through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Exceptional interviewing, communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) - We use Greenhouse
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.