Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for a thoughtful and organized Recruiting Programs leader with deep program management experience and the ability to lead (from inception to execution) a variety of complex projects. This is a highly cross-functional role, collaborating closely within the Talent Team, but also more broadly with Analytics, People Programs and People Operations.
- Referral Program: We think everyone looks better in Thumbtack Blue, and are looking for a program leader to own, revamp, and continuously develop our company-wide referral program.
- Recruiter Training & Development: Collaborate with everyone on our Talent team to develop and rollout a training roadmap for Recruiters, Sourcers, and Recruiting Coordinators. Beginning with onboarding, and focusing on trainings and development over time.
- Interviewer & Hiring Manager Training: Ensure that the business has all the tools needed to interview and screen for high performance across all departments and levels.
- Candidate Experience: Partner with Talent Ops to ensure that we are capturing our candidate experience properly. Owning our candidate satisfaction survey end-to-end (including revamping, pulling metrics, and delivering to the business).
- Debrief Standardization: Establish a process to standardize the way we debrief and evaluate candidates, collaborating closely with our D&I team to ensure that debriefs are bias-free
- Company and Team-Wide Enablement: Build and revamp our internal enablement site to better educate and empower the business as well as the recruiting team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years working in program management, consulting or strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: This role will require public speaking, slide writing, and presentation skills
- Track record of achievement: Experience in self-driving and delivering projects independently with minimum supervision
- Experience in building for scale: developing programs for today and the future of Thumbtack
- Strong consultative skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Experience within Recruiting or HR or on programmatic initiatives, such as learning & development and onboarding
- Experience working in a rapidly growing tech company
- M.A. in Organizational Development, Instructional Design, Talent Development, or related fields
More about us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.