Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Go to Market Enablement Team
Our Enablement team champions the Thumbtack experience by understanding the behaviors, skills, and resources that drive our support interactions to allow our professionals and customers to get more done.
About the Role
The Sr. Enablement Specialist is responsible for providing the Thumbtack Go To Market teams with the information, content and tools they need to improve sales and success productivity while optimizing Pro outcomes by delivering a best in class enablement program. As a cross-functional member of Sales and Success teams, the Enablement Specialist is a reliable partner who is innovative and offers the clearest avenue for teams to gain competitive advantage and tap unseen opportunities.
- Coordinate activities associated with the Sales and Success training program including managing onboarding for new hires and 30-60-90 plans
- Facilitate ad hoc and recurring training for Sales and Success leadership and other departments
- Lead change management activities by applying and executing a change management process to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Manage content library including curating, creating, modifying existing/new content as needed
- Liaise between Go To Market teams, Product and other departments to coordinate training activities
- Track and report on completion of training and enablement milestones
- Assist with ad hoc administrative needs of the Enablement and Operations teams
- Contribute to building and establishing the Enablement framework through program execution and thought leadership
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication; able to present ideas effectively and listen receptively
- Strong project management skills, especially project planning and delivery
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and ability to drive multiple projects to completion
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to visualize and create enablement resources (slides, docs, visuals etc.)
- Strong sales and business acumen with a willingness and capability to learn new software tools and applications quickly and efficiently
- Desire to improve the customer and pro experience and ability to identify areas of improvement
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Subject matter expert in (or the ability to quickly learn) sales and success processes, procedures, and needs
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Proactive, resourceful, and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism
- A strong drive to succeed
- Project Management Certification
- Change Management experience
- Experience with enablement tools
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.