Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Success Team
The Success Team is a fast-evolving team designed to drive results for our Thumbtack Professionals. We are product experts responsible for ensuring Thumbtack Pros are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers through providing insights, coaching, and holding them accountable to goals.
Currently, the Success Team manages the outcomes of Thumbtack’s most successful and engaged professionals and oversees the onboarding experience of the new high potential professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, text and chat efforts. Additionally, the Success team works closely with the product, category management, and marketing team to design and execute targeted campaigns to new and established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role
The CSM Manager will manage a team of CSMs who serve as the primary post-sale point of contact for Thumbtack high-value professionals. The Manager is responsible for leading the team to drive and increase adoption and usage of Thumbtack. The Manager will also own team performance, metrics and day-to-day activities through mentoring and motivating their team. CSM Managers also help to develop processes and systems that drive results and enable scale. They also work cross-functionally with product, analytics, systems, training, and marketing teams across our offices in Salt Lake City and San Francisco. The CSM Manager may handle escalations with Customer Support and Market Trust & Safety. As a leader in the Success Team, Managers recruit, train, and develop Success Managers who are supporting our most valuable and highest potential pros.
- Manage Success Team (approximately 5-8 members) to hit revenue goals by using internal and external data, sales skills, time management techniques, etc.
- Design & refine the playbook & operating model that supports your team’s book of pros in a way that enables scale and increases the team’s efficiency
- Inform ongoing account segmentation efforts to ensure we provide the right level of account management with the right set of pros
- Stay up to date on product evolution to keep accounts and Success Managers informed
- Working with Success Managers, the Analytics team, and other key teams within Thumbtack, identify key indicators of pro health and determine actions that should be taken to improve pro performance
- Recruit Success Managers with both the people skills and technical capabilities to drive pro adoption, penetration and expansion
- Share best practices with client success and product teams to enable systematization and/or productization of learnings
- Contribute to our team and company culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years relevant Sales and/or Customer Success management experience preferred
- OR 10+ years of relevant Sales and/or Customer Success management experience required.
- Experience managing a Success Team who met or exceeded revenue target
- Experience scaling a Success Team in a high-growth, fast moving company
- SFDC experience a must
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights.
- Ability to create basic reports in Google Sheets and basic presentations in Google Slides, along with general Google Suite knowledge
- Strategic thinker - capable of prioritizing short-term needs while scalably building for the long term
- Proactive in anticipating challenges and quick to come up with ideas to resolve those challenges
- Sharp business judgment and the ability to understand how to influence various stakeholders, internal and external
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights that build stronger relationships with our accounts
- Strong problem solving skills - you’re resourceful and will know our product so well that you really understand what the customer needs; solution-oriented
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.