Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
The Thumbtack kitchen prepares three nutritious, balanced and seasonally inspired meals per day, using primarily locally grown and sustainably sourced ingredients. We are passionate about providing delicious, healthy, and balanced meals and love the role that food plays in bringing the Thumbtack community together on a daily basis. We believe that sharing meals around quality food builds an environment that encourages collaboration and celebrates excellence.
The culture of our kitchen is playful, joyous and creative and we strive to challenge each other and ourselves to prepare the best food possible. We enjoy cooking from our roots as well as taking risks and trying new things.
About the Role
This is an administrative support role that will work closely with the Executive Chef and Culinary Service Manager to create and maintain systems to keep Thumbtack’s culinary team organized and functioning smoothly. This individual should be equipped to listen, interpret feedback into actionable insight, solve problems and ensure the team is set up for success. Your ability to juggle multiple priorities will be critical to your success. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, people-focused and collaborative individual to dive into this role.
- Co-creation and management of systems and documents to ensure that the kitchen is operating smoothly and efficiently
- Produce and post weekly culinary staff schedule
- Draft and distribute internal communications to culinary staff and broader Thumbtack community
- Create action plans relevant to program goals and objectives
- Identify efficiencies and initiatives geared toward high-volume, low-waste, cost-effective solutions that maintain a high quality of product and service
- Partner with the Executive Chef and O&R Specialist to maintain accounts with local, sustainable, and high integrity vendors
- Maintain relations with vendors and internal A/P department to ensure timely payments and organized financial records.
- Organize culinary meetings, help create agendas, and communicate team/company-wide initiatives
- Timely data entry - schedules being posted, orders placed with vendors, purchase orders and invoices sent to Finance
- Monthly financial reporting and credit card reconciliation
- Verify the accuracy of employee time cards to ensure compliance
- Establish and supervise systems and tools for full compliance of food safety and sanitation
- Main point of contact on employee feedback. Respond to requests and questions (Slack), and disseminate feedback and recommendations to culinary leadership team
- Event coordination (with FOH, WPX)
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years experience in an administrative role
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, strong work ethic, communication & patience
- Ability to collaborate, ask for help, and contribute to problem-solving
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage your time
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs., sit for an extended period of time, and comfortable working in an environment with equipment that can be noisy, loud and vary in temperature.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Experience in foodservice, including casual to fine dining, onsite corporate foodservice, catering, events a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $420 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
- Check out TACKitchen on Instagram
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send a resume to email@example.com along with a brief letter that tells us about you, your working style and why this job appeals to you.
Compensation: varies depending on experience
Employment type: full-time 8am-5pm