Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Workplace Experience Team
The Workplace Experience Team builds our company culture by bringing our values to life in all that we do. From employee events, to facilities and real estate, to our best-in-class culinary program, we strive to get people excited to come to work each day. We set high standards for the employee experience and aim to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe, and supported in order to deliver their best work. And we have a great time doing it. Want to join in on the fun? Let's talk.
- You are a culture evangelist and are excited to build an incredible employee experience that brings our culture to life.
- You have extensive leadership experience, with much of that focused on managing and leading Workplace Experience efforts.
- You have the ability to design and drive a holistic workplace experience strategy.
- You have a depth of experience in workplace experience and can hit the ground running (i.e. scaling the team and offices, designing our workspaces, shaping our culinary program).
- Lead the 25-person Workplace Experience team, to bring our culture to life for our hundreds of US and global employees and guests. This includes:
- Overseeing our office and facilities teams, including owning the relationships with building managers, real estate companies, and other maintenance vendors, as well as leading our site, security and real-estate strategy.
- Overseeing our events teams that plan and drive all company-wide events (i.e. annual kick-offs, bi-annual celebrations, holiday parties) as well as site and function-specific events (i.e. recruiting events). Ensure budgets are set and managed to, offering insight and guidance to events strategy.
- Overseeing our fully-staffed in-house culinary team, with team members from great restaurants throughout the Bay Area, who play an integral role in the culture in our offices.
- Lead and manage office development, construction, and growth projects, delegating to site managers on all projects.
- Be a core part of building our community both within and outside of our company (i.e. advise on events highlighting and supporting employee resource groups and allys).
- Collaborate with the People Team, executive team, and many other teams to deliver initiatives that help us bring our culture to life (i.e. onboarding, engagement initiatives).
- Role requires 25% travel to our US-based offices.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years experience in a fast-paced, growth environment with a workplace experience, events or hospitality focus.
- Experience leading large and diverse teams, including setting strategy, following through on execution and coaching.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment, while creating the right structures and processes to ensure a reliable and consistent experience.
- Creatively bring our employee experience to life.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.