Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Social Media Team
The primary goal of the Social Media Team leader is to execute the leadership philosophy. Our Mission is to create a high-performing and highly engaged team that makes an impact for our customers, pros, and Thumbtack. Our role is to inspire, challenge and support our team while providing high-quality customer centric experiences through our shared vision and values.
About the Role
As a part of the Social Media Support Team, you will have the opportunity to coach a team of specialists responding to posts and tweets on Thumbtack’s social media pages. You will represent Thumbtack’s brand values as the voice of Thumbtack in very public interactions as we continue to build our brand identity.
You will be expected to inspire through your actions and motivate our teams by understanding what our people value. You should feel challenged to find common goals to align the Social Media vision with our company goals and mission.
We offer a competitive wage plus benefits, as well as some of the excellent perks and flexibility that come with startup life.
- Moderate users on Social Media platforms
- Help plan for the future and growth of the Social Media team.
- Identify issues, trends, and common problems facing our users.
- Recognize individual strengths and weaknesses of team members and use coaching processes to define goals and improve team confidence and impact over time.
- Partner with the Trust and Safety/Social Manager to understand and drive team development
- Consistently review team metrics to recognize performance trends and coach appropriately.
- Assist on escalated cases when necessary.
- Assist in creating a high-performing team that excels and sets the example for customer obsession.
- Drive customer and Pro experiences and develop team by performing quality analysis and coaching sessions weekly with all team members.
- Find creative ways to develop teamwork and unity within the team. Attend and contribute in appropriate meetings.
- Develop and cultivate a strong working relationship with the leadership team to create a unified team.
- In calibration with the leadership team, work on process improvement ideas and partner with other Social team members and cross-functionally (e.g. Bus Apps, Training, Content, etc.) to drive improvements.
- Obsess over your team to drive positive morale.
- Work with Trust and Safety/Social Leadership to hold team accountable for attendance policy and individual agent metrics as needed.
- Prepare documentation on agent performance issues and coach on specific issues which includes having difficult conversations. Be prepared to assist with the creation of agent Performance Improvement Plans to be delivered with Trust and Safety/Social Leadership.
- Efficiently communicate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams. Know when to inform and when to include in the broader conversation.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2+ Years in a coaching/leadership or comparable role
- Excellent coaching skills - your past team members wanted to follow you because you inspire and teach them to be better. You have the ability to influence others and excite them about company vision.
- Business acumen - ability to analyze data, build a business case, and design operational experiments.
- Strong problem solving skills and a natural talent for process improvement.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams. Know when to inform and when to include in the broader conversation.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.