Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-`end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
In this role, you will serve as the strategic owner of our Top Pro program. Launched in the summer of 2016, the Top Pro program is Thumbtack’s loyalty and rewards program for some of our very best pros -- pros who consistently deliver exceptional customer experiences. While our Top Pros are an elite and exclusive group (roughly 4% of all pros currently qualify), they represent a significant chunk of our business and set a high bar for what good pro behavior looks like. This role will oversee the day-to-day management of the Top Pro program and will serve as the point-of-contact for any and all things Top Pro related. This person will work within our Pro Engagement department to help grow and evolve the program, working closely with Product, Product Marketing and other Go To Market teams to maximize the impact and presence of Top Pro across various touchpoints. The Top Pro program has seen tremendous success in its first few years. It will be your job to build upon that momentum and take Top Pro to the next level. Ultimately, we want our loyalty and rewards program to gain a reputation as the best in our industry. You’ll help us get there.
- Develop and own the overarching strategy for the Top Pro program, including how both pros and customers interact with and experience the program across channels
- Optimize and occasionally redefine the criteria we use to determine who becomes a Top Pro, and communicate those changes to our pro population
- Continuously explore, develop and deliver perks and benefits to Top Pros to reward them for their hard work while driving loyalty (monetary incentives, swag, third party discounts, etc.)
- Serve as point-of-contact on terms and negotiation whenever perks / benefits work includes external partnership development
- Monitor, track and adjust benefits programs for optimate usage and impact
- Conceptualize and execute on new ways to surface Top Pro in product, in close collaboration with our product teams
- Conceptualize and execute on new ways to surface the Top Pro brand in marketing collateral and help resources (video tips from Top Pros, Top Pro emails, etc.), in close collaboration with our Product Marketing, Brand Marketing and other GTM teams
- Partner closely with the Community team to organize and execute Top Pro-only events and Top Pro-only content on our online community platform
- Track and drive key metrics that measure impact and efficacy of the Top Pro program over time (e.g., pro performance before and after becoming a Top Pro, Top Pro NPS, Top Pro retention, etc.)
- As program owner, help to shape all communication and messaging mentioning the Top Pro program while actively identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage the Top Pro brand
- Serve as the internal champion of the Top Pro program, sharing Top Pro stories and increasing visibility of our Top Pros across the company
- 4+ years of relevant experience working on or leading customer-facing, marketing, or loyalty programs
- Degree in relevant discipline or additional years of experience and results
- Strong strategic skills, with a passion for whitespace thinking
- An analytical mindset and willingness to dive into the data
- Familiarity with and interest in both Product and Marketing
- Creativity and an ability to think outside of the box
- Eagerness to build cross-functional relationships and buy-in
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, including working directly with our power users
- Experience with data analytics and familiarity with SQL
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
- Experience managing loyalty and rewards programs at other companies
- Experience leading or working closely with Biz Dev or partnerships-focused functions
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, or additional years of experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.