Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
About the Role
Want to get deeper in the People space, but didn’t know where to start? The People Operations Specialist will be a key part of our People Operations team as someone who helps us keep our People operations running smoothly, while developing their skills along the way.
- Enter data and maintain data integrity in our HR information system (HRIS)
- Welcome and engage with new employees by leading our weekly new hire orientation
- Manage onboarding and offboarding for all employees, including exit interviews
- Provide support on various benefits projects such as open enrollment, wellness initiatives, compliance, communications and training
- Support various immigration program needs, including I-9 management and required filings and postings
- Partner closely with People Operations team and the broader People team to implement or enhance workflows and processes.
- Manage our People ticketing system and act as the first line of support for all People related questions (e.g., benefits, verifications of employment, etc.)
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting and tasks as requested
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- High sense of urgency
- Proficiency with an HRIS (ADP experience preferred)
- Ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- Curiosity and openness to learn
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and is headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.