Duration: Approximately 6 months
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you longer than expected. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to spend an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Team & Role
A subset of the Product team, Category Management ensures that our marketplace is effectively serving customers and pros across our 500+ types of services (what we refer to as categories). These categories are at the heart and soul of Thumbtack — and as an extern you will have the important job of working on holistic strategies to help drive their growth and health. You must be highly analytical, solution-oriented, and a strong communicator. Additionally, you must be naturally curious and empathetic (our pros are a diverse bunch!). Sound like you? Read on.
What you'll do
- Analyze key business metrics & generate insights - figure out what’s happening in our categories using a blend of qualitative and quantitative methods, share insights with cross-functional partners
- Develop expertise in high priority categories (primarily within our Home & Events verticals) and turn those insights into actionable operational & product strategies
- Experiment & execute - test product changes that drive growth and improve user experience; roll out new features, monitor their success
- Collaborate & influence- work cross-functionally (e.g., with Product Management, Marketing, Support, Operations) to influence product & operational direction
- Research - study the competitive landscape, identify trends, and share insights with company leadership
- Experience - you have 2-4 years of work experience in a fast-paced business environment such as management consulting, investment banking, or a tech start-up
- Curious and gritty - you love learning, aren’t scared of analyzing complicated problems, and are excited to map out creative solutions
- Data-driven - you love analyzing data, are highly proficient in Excel/Sheets, and are excited to learn (or master) SQL
- Analytical problem solver - you can generate and synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data, and translate your insights into ideas into product and operational roadmaps
- Empathetic - Thumbtackers genuinely care about our customers & pros, and want to help them turn their goals into reality. You have an interest in understanding & helping people
- Team-oriented - “Make Each Other Better” is one of our company’s core values, and one that you take to heart. You are excited about the idea of working collaboratively with the team and other departments to foster relationships, and promote success across the organization
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- SQL proficiency
- Marketplace, commerce and/or consumer tech interest/experience
- Expertise in or passion for specific Thumbtack categories
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, Google Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.