Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst acts as a business advisor to our sales team members and sales leadership. You are responsible for providing a wide range of strategic, analytical, and operational support for the sales and account management organization. You will generate insights into all aspects of the sales process and enable the sales organization to increase efficiency and make better decisions, faster. Your job is to ensure that data and reporting are available to help our strategic sales team increase penetration into our franchise and large local accounts. You lead efforts to craft scalable solutions for automation, dashboards and business insights.
You are an individual with superb communication and analytical skills who can successfully pivot between multiple projects and operational functions. You can use data to tell a compelling story and enable the decision-making process. You work with and mentor other analysts in building custom data sets and analytical reports.
- Consult with sales leadership analyzing data from multiple systems and helping to improve overall sales processes
- Transform complex data sets into easy to use metrics in a data visualization platform (Tableau, Excel)
- Infuse more science into understanding our sales and become the expert for all data questions regarding sales and sales operations
- Craft evidence to support a point of view and draw definitive conclusions and present findings in written and verbal formats to be reviewed by sales leadership
- Make practical recommendations that drive increased sales
- Produce and automate reports to track key performance indicators
- Coordinate with broader operations analytics team and business analysts to provide them with requirements to ensure internal systems capture necessary data
- 5-7 years relevant business experience
- Must be Proficient/Expert in Google Sheets
- Experience with Tableau or other BI Tools
- Must have proficient SQL skills or equivalent in extracting data
- Must be proficient in data extract, mapping, interpretation and analysis
- Must possess solid communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.